Tuesday, September 30, 2014

A Painting a Day - Day 30

There is something about that moment when I had the color and shading to the eye that the painting suddenly feel right to me. With watercolor, you have to plan way ahead and there are parts of it that you have to leave white for a while. The eyes stay white a long time when I paint and it always makes me dissatisfied for the longest time. I start to hate a painting and think I should just trash it. Then I add color and black to the eye with a little highlight showing through and it all comes together. The eyes are the windows to the soul and until you can see them clearly, the soul is hidden. But when it is revealed it is so right.

This dachshund and grasshopper are painted on 8 x 10 watercolor paper. And since it is day 30 (I can't believe I have done this every single day for a whole month!!) this painting is for sale for $30. If you would like to buy it please email me at lauraparkhurstillustrator@gmail.com. Thanks for coming by today. Hope you can make it back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment