Sunday, September 28, 2014

A Painting a Day - Day 28

I have now reached the point of doing this not because of a drive or even a joyful feeling but rather out of sheer discipline. My sister asked me if I was still doing this because I wanted to or if because I had told everybody that I was going to do it. I couldn't lie. At this point I am doing it because I want to save face.

Now that doesn't mean I am not enjoying the art. Today's painting really turned out nicely. I was able to replicate some techniques in it that prove I am learning not just experimenting and that is fun and encouraging. But earlier in the evening, my kids and husband were watching a movie and I really wanted to sit in my lounge chair and zone out. Sitting at my drawing desk with  my back to the TV is not the same as vegging in front of the TV. But knowing there are folks watching me do this challenge is keeping me going simply because of my pride. That is not a bad thing.

In the days to come, I am sure I will feel joy over drawing a good composition or seeing the paint doing something lovely. Feelings change from day to day.I can't count on WANTING to do this. I have to count on DECIDING to do this. I already did that.

Today's painting is 8 x 10 and available for sale. If you would like to purchase it please email me at lauraparkhurstillustrator@gmail.com. The first person I hear from can buy this little banded owl.

Thanks for coming by today. Thanks for keeping me accountable!

No comments:

Post a Comment