Monday, September 29, 2014

A Painting a Day - Day 29

Years ago I was a graphic designer. I had "settled' for that as a vocation. It made more sense than actually pursuing the dream of being an artist because I had bought into the idea that artists starve, that art is a hobby for retired people, that only rich people can be artist. Graphic designer was a job title that had a place to work and an employer.

I didn't love my job.

There were days when I would feel the frustration of working with a hard to please customer. Today I am the hard to please customer.

Even though this is not my favorite painting and the scan is not so great, this little hedgehog is cute! I wasn't sure I could paint one because they have all those spines! This was actually a suggestion from a friend and I am glad I took the challenge. I didn't have to paint every spine. Suggestion is important in art, even more so than perfect representation.

This little hedgehog is 8 x 10 and $29 for the 29th day of my challenge. If you would like to buy him please email me at lauraparkhurstillustrator@gmail.com. The first person I hear from can purchase him. Thanks for watching my art. Hope you can come again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment