Tuesday, September 23, 2014

A Painting a Day - Day 23

Sometimes it is hard to remember mistakes are usually lessons waiting to be learned.  I just have to have a teachable heart. Without the teachable heart, I will be discouraged by the mistake and want to give up.  I will want to be angry or depressed.  But if I see the lesson and know there are opportunities awaiting me, then I have hope and hope gives me the ability to learn.

Every painting is a lesson on this journey.  Not every painting is going to be perfect.  Not every painting is going to be something that someone will want.  And that is okay. Because there will be a new painting tomorrow. I am learning. That is the purpose in the end.

A friend who has been enjoying my paintings said she wanted to see a unicorn.  So here is a unicorn.  I am keeping a list of requests since 100 days is a long time and ideas can sometimes feel scarce. This painting was a good lesson, and it is okay that it is not perfect. I learned from it.

It is available for sale. It is 5 x 7 on watercolor paper. As this is day 23 it is for sale for $23.  If you would like to buy it, please email me at lauraparkhurstillustrator@gmail.com.  The first person I hear from can purchase it.

Thanks for visiting today.  I hope you can come again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment