Sunday, September 21, 2014

A Painting a Day - Day 21

The first day of fall is this Tuesday.  I drove down to my dad's house today.  The leaves are mostly still green, but here and there are bursts of orange and red.  The soybean fields are beginning to look ready for harvest and the corn has begun to turn.  Autumn is upon us.

I painted this squirrel with fall in mind.  The ripe cob of corn and the orange tree speak to that.  I had seen a squirrel like this one sitting on a fence, taking a moment before he bolted away across the yard.  I know the squirrels are getting ready for the seasonal change as are all the animals. Even my dog is shedding less despite the fact she won't be outside to endure the changes.

This is the 21st day of my challenge.  I have been doing this for three weeks! I am really proud of my commitment and for how much growth this is causing to happen in me as an artist.  Someone posted a comment that 100 paintings would make one a level 2 artist.  I'm not sure what that means, but I do know I will have learned a lot about my craft. I hope I will continue to improve and grow.

As this is day 21, this painting, which is a 5 x 7 watercolor, is available for sale for $21.  If you would like to purchase it, please send me and email at lauraparkhurstillustrator@gmail.com.  The first person I hear from can buy it.  Thanks so much for following my art.  I have spoken to several people who are following along and they wait to see what I am going to post for each day.  I love hearing that.  I love that I am not on this journey alone.  I appreciate all the encouragement so much! Hope you can visit again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment