Friday, September 5, 2014

A Painting a Day - Day 5

When I was growing up I loved to draw horses.  I read stories about them, I had toy horses and paper horses and pictures of horses.  All I ever wanted for a birthday or Christmas was a horse.  I finally got one.  Reality doesn't ever fit the fantasy, but it was a lot of fun.

I gave up drawing horses when my art teacher junior year of high school said I should stop and focus on people.  I know he had good intentions, but it really let the air out of my sails.  Drawing people was just not as fun.

Now that I am doing a painting a day, seems like a good reason to paint a horse.  I really like this painting.  But it is for sale and since it is day 5 it is $5.  So if you are interested please email me at lauraparkhurstillustrator@gmail.  The first person I hear from will get this lovely!

Thanks for stopping by to see today's creation.  Hope to you come again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment