Thursday, March 14, 2013

Remembering Yesterday

Finally!  I actually completed a new piece for Illustration Friday before Friday!!!


I don't know about you, but I get caught up in memories sometimes.  So, for the theme "Yesterday", I chose to feature a woman recalling memories of her youth, triggered by an evening spent looking in her yearbook.

Thanks for stopping by to check out my artwork.  I haven't used watercolor in a while, because I am still new at it.  I like how quickly I can lay the colors down.  It goes much faster than colored pencil!  Let me know what you think by leaving a comment.  I sure do appreciate it!

8 comments:

  1. Very nice Laura, this is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelli! Appreciate you taking a look.

      Delete
  2. Love all of the details. I especially like how you can see the water through the weeds...I imagine them blowing in the breeze allowing me to see the water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I wasn't sure about the grass/weeds. I had used a resist to keep the highlights and didnt remove it until I had already painted in the grasses. I'm still new at watercolor. I'm glad you like the effect, though I didn't intend it! Thanks Samantha!

      Delete
  3. Hello! Great interpretation for "Yesterday!" Hope there are many more watercolors in your "tomorrow's!" :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michele! I plan on doing many more. Thanks for the encouragement.

      Delete
  4. This is beautiful, and well done on the watercolours. It is a very tricky medium to work with, and you've done very well! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane. I enjoyed doing this picture. I appreciate that you left a comment! Thank you for letting me know that it looks right. I am not always sure about the results.

      Delete