Friday, September 19, 2014

A Painting a Day - Day 19

When I was a little girl, there were always cats and kittens on our family farm.  I remember a picture my mom took of my dad walking to the barn followed by a whole troop of cats.  I bet there were thirty or more.  I would look forward to spring because there would be kittens.  And when one of my kittens died, I would begin wishing for spring because a new kitten would ease the loss of my pet.  I have had a lot of cats over my life time.  Farm life is hard on cats.  There is disease and trucks, cars and tractors.  There are other cats and sometimes dogs to beware of.  I would enjoy them as long as I could which might be for a few years.  Then they would disappear.  I would then hope for a new kitten.  Sounds kind of heartless now since I have house pets who live at least 10 years.  And I love my cats, but a new kitten melts my heart and the crazy cat lady says, "We could take him home!"  Then I say, "Shush crazy cat lady! Two cats, a dog, two kids and a husband are MORE than enough!" So I snuggle the kitten for a minute and put him down.  Someone else will love him too.

This little kitten needs a home.  And because he is so cute, I put him in a poke-a-dot apron pocket.  He is available for $19 as this is day 19 of my 100 day challenge to paint 100 paintings in 100 days.  If you would like to give him a home, you can email me at lauraparkhurstillustrator@gmail.com.  The first person I hear from can buy him.

Thanks again for following my art journey.  I can't believe I have done this for 19 days straight!  81 more to go!!  Hope you can check in again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment