Sunday, September 14, 2014

A Painting a Day - Day 14

I have really struggled today.  So many negative thoughts racing around in my head today.  Will I be able to keep this up, doing a painting everyday?  Will I be able to do it and not neglect my other obligations?  Will I ever get over worrying about what other people think?  This is when the announcer stops and says "Tune in next week and find out!"

I realize fears are mostly just shadows that give us the willies but don't have any way to actually harm us.  I think I am just feeling overwhelmed with all of my day to day stuff and I will feel better in a few days.  I just have to make up my mind to keep going and not give into the fears in my head.

There I've decided.  There will be another painting posted tomorrow.  Unless I die and then I won't be worried about anything!

Speaking of fears. This mountain lion would strike fear into the heart of any one who might meet her.  I have lived in Indiana all my life and there haven't been mountains lions around here in years...depending on who you ask.  I hear the rumors and the stories of hearing eerie screams coming from the hollars in the dark of the night. The kind of sound that makes the hair on the back of your neck stand on end.  There may be a mountain lion out there deep in the woods.  I hope they stay out there because it makes me cringe to think they might come near.

This beautiful cougar is for sale for $14.  She is painted in watercolor on watercolor paper and is 5 x 7 in size. You can email me at lauraparkhurstillustrator@gmail.com if you would like to purchase her.  She would also make a great gift.  Or maybe you know someone who loves mountain lions, please share this with them.

Thanks for stopping to look at my art today.  Hope you can come again tomorrow to see what I paint next!

No comments:

Post a Comment