Wednesday, October 1, 2014

A Painting a Day - Day 31

A whole month has passed and a new month has arrived. I never thought I could be this productive or determined to stay the course. I think once you give birth and endure labor, you realize you can endure a lot and persevere through the most difficult trials. That has been my test at least.

I am finding over the past few days and paintings that I have to sketch more than one drawing before I feel comfortable with starting a painting. This started as a a sketch with one raccoon in a pumpkin patch. As I researched the furry little creatures, which are insanely cute by the way, I changed course and created this composition. It is more satisfying to me because the raccoon are clustered in the center and the blues and oranges help draw my eye around the picture making the animals even more the center of the painting.

I wanted to do raccoon because they remind me of fall. I remember reading books like Where the Red Fern Grows and Rascal. I never saw raccoon around the farm I grew up on, but I was definitely drawn to them. I even had a puppet raccoon that I still own. Somethings I can't let go of.

I am going to let go of this painting though. It is for sale for $31 as this is the 31st painting. It is 8 x 10 and ready to frame. If you would like to buy it please email me at lauraparkhurstillustrator@gmail.com. Thank you so much for sticking with me on my 100 day journey. Hope you will come along again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment