Monday, October 20, 2014

A Painting a Day - Day 46

Sometimes when I am painting I feel so nervous. It squeezes my chest and I can't breathe. Irrational as it may sound, I completely expect to ruin every painting I start. The perfectionist in my is my saboteur. She likes to sneak around inside my head and just when I think she has finally been subdued, there she is again, warning me of the certain impending fail that is about to happen.

Funny thing is, every painting seems to work out okay. Not to say that everyone of them is all that great. But none of them have been right down awful!

So I struggle to let myself create because it is risky. What if I waste my time? What if I can't get one done before I fall down from a lack of sleep? What if I fail?!?!? What if, what if, what if, blah blah blah! So much useless worry.

This little sea horse if my offering for today. It is painting #46 and it is available for sale for $46. It is 8 x 10 and ready to frame. If you would like to buy it please email me at lauraparkhurstillustrator@gmail.com. The first person I hear from can purchase it. Also, I am continuing to take requests for future subject matter. After all I have 54 more days to paint! Please leave a suggestion in the comments below! As always, thanks for coming by. Hope you can make it back tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment