Wednesday, October 29, 2014

A Painting a Day - Day 55

A scary spider for day 55! I thought this would be a fun opportunity to practice facial expressions and practice painting eyes. I love the way light gets caught and reflected in eyes. I never get tired of drawing and painting them.

I had to look through several spider pictures to choose one that would be big enough to make an impressive sight in my painting. Now if this was real life even a tiny spider could get that reaction if it was on someone's shoulder. I appreciate that spiders keep other pesky bugs down, but when I look at them they make my skin crawl. They need to stay outside and out of my house!

There was one spider that was photographed close up so you could see it's large eyes and my daughter says, "Aww, cute! Don't you think so?" Sorry kiddo. Nope. Spiders are not cute. Not cute.

This is my 55th painting and like all the rest before it, it is available for purchase to the first person to contact me at my email which is lauraparkhurstillustrator@gmail.com. It is 8 x 10 and is watercolor on Arches 100% cotton paper.

Thanks for stopping by to check out my artwork. Hope you can come by again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment