Monday, October 27, 2014

A Painting a Day - Day 52

I know I am late with this by about 9 hours, but I am giving myself permission to be human. Gotta sleep sometime! Plus the weekend was busy with activities for my kids and time with my husband. I want to have a ccareeras an artist, but what good is it if I neglect my family?

This is Halloween week so I thought I would do a few paintings of animals that might give some of us the chills. The sound of wolves howling can send shivers up our spines. Wolves howl, not to scare us, but to communicate with each other. Members of a pack will howl to call to one another because their territories are very large and they will become separated when hunting. They also howl to let rival packs know where their boundaries are.

This painting is 8 x 10 and done on Arches 100% cotton watercolor paper. New kind of paper calls for some adjustment in technique. I think it has a bit more of a painterly look. It is available for sale for $50. If you would like to own it, please email me at lauraparkhurstillustrator@gmail.com. The first person I hear from can buy it. Thanks for coming by to see my work. Sorry it is a day late. Hopeful I can get a new painting up for today later tonight. See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment