Thursday, October 2, 2014

A Painting a Day - Day 32

A weird thing happened while I was painting this. I liked it before I finished it.

That never happens.

Usually when I am doing a painting, I go through a period of time where I hate the painting and worry that I am going to have to scrap the whole thing. This pretty much never happens, but I feel it any way. This time, I only felt that way when I was doing the shadows leading from the deer's legs across the grass and that was more worry than hate. As I filled in the colors for the background I just loved how the picture was coming together. I don't know what to make of these feelings. Is it a sign that I am really enjoying what I am doing? Or is it is a sign that my skills are improving? I am not sure, but I do know I will miss this one when it finds a new home!

Painting #32 is 8 x 10 and available for sale for $32. If you would like to purchase it, please email me at lauraparkhurstillustrator@gmail.com. The first person I hear from can buy it. I am so glad you have come along with me on this journey. I am learning so much and I enjoy sharing it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment