Sunday, October 19, 2014

A Painting a Day - Day 45

Well I am back to it. I got a few things done, some things caught up and some extra sleep. I have to admit that every time I post a painting, I wrestle with self doubt. I am rarely satisfied with my paintings when I post them anymore. I think the 8 x 10 format is hard to finish in a day. So don't be surprised if I go back to 5 x 7 simply because that size is better suited for finishing a painting in a day.

As I have been doing these paintings I have enjoyed all the experimenting I have gotten to do. This painting I did with a loose feel to the green background. I let the water and the paint do what it wanted. I like the edges it created as the painted pushed against the water.

I am also enjoying painting dogs. When I was growing up it was horses, which I still love to draw and paint, but dogs come in such vast variety that each one I do is so different even if there are close similarities in individuals. It's been fun studying the different breeds.

This German Shepherd is my 45th painting and I could tell I was refreshed because he evolved on the paper very naturally. It is painted on 8 x 10 paper. This painting is available for sale for $45. If you would like to buy it, please email me at lauraparkhurstillustrator@gmail.com. The first person I hear from can purchase it.

Thanks for coming back to see my art work and follow my 100 day challenge. Almost half way there! I can't believe I have come this far. Hope you will stick with me to the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment