Monday, November 17, 2014

A Painting a Day - Day 71

This is a portrait of my own cat. I don't have him anymore. He passed away four years ago. His name was Elmore and he was mine for 10 years. He was my baby before I had babies, which was hard on him when that happened. I loved him so much. I still miss him. He taught me how to be a better pet owner.

Wow, I didn't expect to feel that so deeply! But that is what having a portrait of him causes! Something about focusing on all the little detail that make him who he was brings back all the sweet memories I have tangled up with him.

I am currently taking orders for pet portraits and would love to help you make something precious that you can keep forever that will remind you of how much you love your pet. We don't get to keep them as long as we'd like and something that preserves those memories is priceless.

This is my 71st painting in my 100 paintings project. I think I am going to have to hang on to this one so it is not available.  But I still have other paintings available for sale yet. If there is one you are interested in, please email me at lauraparkhurstillustrator@gmail.com. I'd also love to hear from you if you would like a pet portrait done. This was done from a photo and I can do the same for you.

Thanks for following my art. I would love to know what you think in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment