Saturday, November 8, 2014

A Painting a Day - Day 64

Sometimes it is really hard to write something to go with my art work. I know artists are supposed to be able to talk about their work. I am still learning.

Maybe that is what is on my mind. The struggle to learn. Learning the nuances of watercolor, learning the subtleties of composition, learning new programs, learning how to get my art out into the world. It is a lot to take in.

Never stop learning. Every painting teaches me. This one taught me a little bit about the color red and how  a bit of orange and yellow makes a nice contrast against sky blue. It also gave me some practice in making my brush behave and not slip. It is also stretching me to write creatively.

This 5 x 7 watercolor of a cardinal is also available for sale. If you would like to purchase it, please email me at lauraparkhurstillustrator@gmail.com. Thanks for following along as I learn something new! Hope you can come by again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment