Saturday, November 1, 2014

A Painting a Day - Day 58

Today, November the 1st, is All Saints Day on the church calendar. I know in Catholic churches this is a day of obligation if it falls on a Sunday. I grew up in the Lutheran church and we also celebrated it on the Sunday following the day if it did not fall on a Sunday. It is a day to remember those who have died in the faith and those who have died because of their faith. I always thought of my grandmother on that day. Now I think of my mother too.

This is Saint Francis of Assisi. He was know for his compassion on all creatures. The Catholic Church has named him the patron saint of the environment. In one story about him, it is said he preached the Gospel to a flock of birds who quietly listened and burst into song when he called on them to praise God. I thought he made a good connection between my theme of animal pictures and today's special occasion.

My 58th painting is available for sale for $50. It is 8 x 10. If you would like to purchase it, please email me at lauraparkhurstillustrator@gmail.com. Thanks for following my art through my 100 day journey. Hope you can come again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment