Friday, November 7, 2014

A Painting a Day - Day 63

It is interesting to go through the ups and downs of doing a long project like these 100 paintings in 100 days. The hardest is the stress of trying to actually do 100 in 100 days. I have already missed that goal when I took some time off a couple of weeks ago and then yesterday I posted the previous day's painting and did not have a new one to post with it. That is kind of disappointing, but I have to accept my limitations. With a month and a half to go, I have to some how gather up the energy and patience to keep going even though the days I don't feel like doing this are becoming more frequent.

I know I can keep going because I have made up my mind. I just want to keep the quality of my paintings satisfactory. That is challenging. Especially when I have off days like today where I feel tired, stressed, hurried and unmotivated.

But I got it done! So feelings of wanting to quit will be nothing compared to the triumph I will feel when I have completed my 100th day. Then I have to decide what my next move will be. Probably take a little break for the holidays! Then at the first of the year, get back to it!

This blue jay was as fun to sketch as he was to paint. I enjoyed the pattern the black markings on his feathers created. Blue jays are such pretty birds, even though they can be a nuisance to bird watchers because they tend to chase other song birds off. When I was a kid, it was fun to watch them hop across the yard, their blue color so striking and vibrant.

I painted this blue jay on 5 x 7 watercolor paper. It is available for sale for $25. If you would like to purchase it, please email me at lauraparkhurstillustrator@gmail.com. Thanks for checking out my art. Please let me know what you think in the comments below. I would love to hear from you. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment