Wednesday, October 17, 2012

In the Water

"Water" is the theme for this week at Illustration Friday.  Dogs love water, so I thought a swimming Labrador Retriever would fit nicely.  This is Max.  I've given him a little story to practice at matching a story to an illustration.

Max loved to swim in the lake.  His owner showed Max his favorite orange rubber ball and threw it across the lake with all his might.  Max jumped from the bank before the ball left his owner's hand, leaping high and far like he had wings.  With a huge splash, he landed in the cool water.  

He paddled and paddled, sure of the direction his ball had gone.  There it was!  Bright, wet and bobbing on the blue surface.  Max plunged toward it with excitement and energy.

10 comments:

  1. Very cute and amazing illustration skills. :) I have a dog too... but she's afraid of water. Silly Daisy. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment! My dog's name is Daisy too!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful work...and subject!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful style and beautiful dog! Colored pencil? The water is great too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy! I'm glad you like my picture. It is colored pencil. I''m practicing. I hope my crafting gets as good as yours with your markers!

      Delete