Wednesday, October 10, 2012

In the Mirror

I started this drawing a long time ago after an evening of putting curlers in my hair and my daughter's hair.  We felt like twins and it was fun.  I imagined how it must have looked to an onlooker and it seemed like such a sweet moment.  I am submitting it as this week's entry for Illustration Friday's theme of "Mirror".  It was a good opportunity to practice with colored pencils, which I love.  Unfortunately, because I had never planned to scan this picture, it turns out it is too big for my scanner and I had to photograph it.  I did not have the best lighting so the colors are a little dim.  But, I really like the drawing.  I think it tells a story of the closeness between a mom and daughter, as well as the fascination of a child, discovering her own beauty in a private moment.

Thanks for checking out my work.  I'd love for you to leave a comment!

6 comments:

  1. This is a sweet drawing! I love coloured pencils too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Divya for leaving a comment! Colored pencils have always been one of my favorite mediums.

      Delete
  2. Very beautiful drawing. So soft and sweet..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Moara for stopping by and leaving a comment. I appreciate the compliment!

      Delete
  3. What a great scene! Love all the little details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mit! I'm glad you like my picture and appreciate that you let me know!

      Delete