Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Sad Charlie and His Crooked Tail

This is my piece for this week's Illustration Friday theme "crooked". I thought I would try something new and I am not that pleased with it.  I have wanted to try ink and watercolor, but I'm not feeling it.  Since I am new at it, I found it difficult to control the ink.  I am also disappointed with the scan which has washed all the color out.  But, it is Wednesday night and I wanted to enter this, which I have been working on all week.  I was also trying to compose the picture in a more academic way, by using the golden section division.  I feel like I need to work on how I lay out the composition of my work.

In a way,  I am feeling like Charlie here.  Everyone else is beauty and talent and I'm feeling very self-conscious.  But, I am going to play anyway!  Thanks for checking out my work!