Friday, September 7, 2012

Library Love

I wrote this post a couple weeks ago.  I drew the picture just for fun after visiting the library, but I thought it would make a good entry for this week's Illustration Friday theme of "Book".  I had fun drawing the books from a still life I set up to get the right look and shadows.  So, thanks for stopping by to check out my work!

(Written September 7:  I love the library.  I always have.  There you can find information on nearly any topic on the planet and beyond.  So many books on every subject packed into one little space, free of charge.

Since I have been attempting to get my creative juices flowing again, I am discovering just what a treasure trove the library can be.  I recently found a book called The Will Power Instinct by Kelly McGonigal, Ph.D.  It has really helped me with staying focused.

As I was browsing the Children's books for illustration inspiration, I found The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick.  I loved the drawings and was amazed that it was such a thick volume with so many illustrations.  I read it to my children over the past week.  I could hardly get them to go to bed on time, they wanted to hear more!  I was actually crying by the end of it.

Other's art used to make me jealous.  But now, I love to read a story or look at pictures or learn something new.  And there really is nothing quite like holding a book in your hands, turning the pages.  And I am one of those people who likes the way books smell.  So it won't be long and my books will be due and I will go back to gather another arm load and bring treasure back home with me.)

1 comment: