Monday, September 10, 2012

An Eye to the Future

I wrote out a list of goals today.  Mainly I borrowed ideas from Holli Conger's article in 2006 Artist's and Graphic Designer's Market.  I felt like I needed to list the things she did that she found helpful so I had a jumping off place.  I posted them above my new work space.

I want to create a list of writer's goals too.  I've already gathered a lot of momentum already.  Just having a work space and supplies with in reach and books to keep me motivated is helping me.  This blog is helping.  Even if no one ever looks at it, it is something I want to create so I am drawn back to it every few days or so.  I feel like someone out there might enoy reading my words and seeing my pictures.  I know I am enjoying showing my work in a public space.

So my little goals will hopefully lead me to my big goal of being an illustrator and author.  Maybe I will only do it for me, but I'll be doing it none the less.  After all, what good is a dream if you don't do something about it?  So I am dreaming and trusting the Lord with the rest.


Proverbs 3:5 & 6:
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.a  

No comments:

Post a Comment