Friday, January 16, 2015

Painting a Day - Days 92 - 100

















 I finally finished my 100 days of painting. I went way over the 100 days, like by 28. And I am posting this about two weeks after the fact. It is amazing how one extra thing in your daily schedule can burn you out. But it is also amazing to think one extra thing in your schedule can lead to new new things and new opportunities.

I feel like I have learned so much about watercolor, meeting deadlines, goal setting and talking about my art. I know I didn't reach my goal on time and that was disappointing, but I did try and that has set my feet on a path I am eager to continue on.

I regret that I did not stay on top of blogging. It became one too many things to do and by the time the holidays came, I was too distracted. But this is a new year and a new beginning.

In the weeks to come I will be starting a new website and blog. I feel like "Out From Under a Rock" has come to the end of its purpose. I began it as a way to restart my journey as an artist. I think I have accomplished that.

I am now fully on the road to becoming a professional artist. I have wanted this since I was a teenager. For years I regretted not pursuing my talents. But now I see that I am the kind of person that lives life in stages. I just don't do things all at once. I needed to focus on creating a marriage and a family. I needed to focus on growing up. I don't think I would have been able to stay focused on the long term challenges and goals this journey has in store for me. I know I am ready now.

Thank you to every visitor to my blog. Thank you to every one who purchased a painting from me. I appreciate all the support and encouragement.

I will let you know when my new blog is up and running. Hope you will come and visit me there!


No comments:

Post a Comment