Thursday, August 21, 2014

Mermaid Art Work








When a piece of art is finished, it is easy to forget what was happening to it along the way.  Here is a recent water color illustration I did. I photographed my progress to be able to look back and see how the painting evolved.











I started with a pencil sketch which I then put on my light table to trace onto watercolor paper.




Once it was taped down to a board ( this is a dry erase board), I began to apply the colors.






I love letting the colors surprise me as they move on the paper.  Watercolors have a life of their own!
















The last step was to put ink on the painting.  I used Reeves watercolors and Pigma Micron drawing pens for the inking.

Thanks for stopping by to check out my art work.  Hope you are creating something beautiful too!



No comments:

Post a Comment