Saturday, August 16, 2014

A New Work Space

It's time to get back to blogging and making art.  And what better way to do this than to create a new work space?

Previously, I had carved out a corner in a spare bed room.  Then my kids decided they needed their own rooms again so I got evicted. I think I was ready to move out anyway because that space felt too far away from all the other responsibilities I have, like my kids and my husband and cooking.  I realize I need to be in the middle of my family space, even as I create and make art.  I thought hermitage was the way to my creative heart, but now I know creativity is where ever I am.  When the family is in the house, I want to be near them.  When they are out of the house, I love the quiet and I can be very productive then, but when they are home, I need to see them and be seen by them.

Now I have a corner in the living room in front of my sliding glass door.  I love all the light flooding in.  I love having plants on my desk and the light makes that possible.  I love that my desk is wood and not plastic!

I hope that by bringing my work space into the family living space I can integrate my art into the rest of my life and by doing that I hope to be more productive.  I know I have to squeeze it into the spaces between taking care of my family which is my greatest creative en devour.  By integrating them, perhaps I will not neglect either so much by having to choose.

Thanks for visiting my blog.  It has been ages since I wrote here.  I hope to be writing more, tracking my creative journey more intricately.  I'd love to know if you have a work space just for your creative projects.  I so, please tell me what it is like and how it helps.  I am always looking for ideas to improve!  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment