Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Zoom!

"Tony zoomed past his mom and grandma when he realized the bus was in front of his house."

"Zoom" is this week's Illustration Friday theme.  Wow, and it has really sucked the life out of me!  I don't know why but I feel so unhappy with aspects of this picture.  I don't know if it is the colors or the perspective.  I feel like the figures are awkward somehow.  Or this could all be just me being so self critical!!

Thanks for stopping by to check out my art and read my rant!  Sorry :)  Anyway, I would love to hear from you so please leave a comment and tell me what you think.

You're awesome!

6 comments:

  1. You are being too self-critical!! It's wondeful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amanda! I appreciate that. It's hard not to be.

      Delete
  2. It is very lively and has a great sense of "zooming"! Love how the curtains and bookpages flutter and even grandma's hair is waving! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne for noticing all my little details. It is fun to use all those things to create movement and excitement in a picture.

      Delete
  3. There is a great gush of wind flowing through your drawing (is this sentence correct ?!). This feeling is really well rendered. Nicely done !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marie Alice! I appreciate your taking the time to look at my drawing and the compliment.

      Delete